Thursday, June 3, 2010

getting ready for baby


I can hardly believe it is the beginning of June! Ender will be here in no time, well sometime between 7-9 weeks. We cleaned out our closet and are getting things organized for him to arrive. We set up his bed, and that alone made it seem like he is going to be here so soon. My sister Heidi is throwing me a baby shower on June 12th. I am excited to see so many friends and family and celebrate this coming baby.
In getting ready for Ender I am thinking about things that we will do the same, and things we will do differently then we did with Arora. Some things that will be the same are: using hypnobabies for Ender's birth, Breastfeeding,and EC.
Some things that I will do differently are: Take it easy at first! I really jumped back to doing everything after Arora was born, this time I'm going to ease back into our routine. This also means asking for and accepting more help.
Also I would love to find a Le Leche League or some other breastfeeding support group to go to. I had a difficult time starting nursing Arora and I think it added a lot of stress to those first few weeks. On the same track, I need to find a GOOD nursing bra. I just bought one from Motherhood Maternity and hate it :( Of course I can't return it now because I wore it. There are pads sewn into the bra that have moved, so now they are all bunched up and look pathetic. There is no way to move them back unless I rip open a seam. It is basically not wear able.
I would love your suggestions on your favorite nursing bra.
I am trying to get arora ready for the baby. We have been reading lots of books with babies in it. We also made this poster. We talk about how babies sometime cry and what to do if a baby is crying. Such as give the baby a toy, sing a song, maybe the baby needs to go potty or is hungry etc. I think Arora will be a great big sister.

7 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I can take a look at the nursing bra and see if I can fix it for you. I got mine at Target and have been happy with them, but haven't really tried others, so I don't have a lot to compare. I can bring mine and show you if you want though.

Gurr Family said...

You are a great mommy.
As for the bra, I worked at Motherhood for 3 years. Take the bra back and either try a new one or use the credit for nursing pads, cream, lotions, or a nursing shirt. They should let you exchange with something especially if you haven't had it very long.

Holly Mayer said...

Thanks Danielle, I will try and exchange it!

Hamblin Family said...

My absolute favorite bra came from Target. But I also love my sleeping nursing bra, looks kind of like a sports bra. Very comfy.

Lisa C said...

I hate my nursing bras. I got them at Motherhood Maternity, too. Hate them. I would seriously pay a hundred bucks for a really good nursing bra, but I have no idea what to get, either. Maybe I will try Target.

I've read that resting a lot after childbirth helps you recover much faster and bleed less. Here's one article: http://www.hobomama.com/2009/12/lying-in-rest-recovery-and-bonding.html

Let me know what I can do for you...meals, watch Arora, clean you apartment...I had such a hard time when Michael was born, and not nearly enough help. I really want to give someone what I didn't get.

I'm so excited for you!!

Stephanie Grimwood said...

I would recommend Target as well. The only thing is I was unable to find any at the store so I had to buy them on the internet. I used mine for Matthew and Gavin.

tiff snedaker said...

I LOVE LOVE Bravado nursing bras. They are bit more of an investment, but if you get a couple, they WILL last. They are super comfy and well made. I had some other bras with Rowan, one from Wally World, and 2 from Motherhood. The bravado was hands down my favorite and it was all I used with Rowan. This one was my favorite because of how it snaps down and how comfy it is: http://www.bravadodesigns.com/page.asp?ID=670&area=US