Friday, September 18, 2009

Arora has her first chore


Arora has her first chore. She helps to unload the dishwasher. She has to wash her hands first, then we get a chair out and she can stand on it. She knows where each of the utensils goes. She likes to match the biiigg forks and the biiigg spoons best. She also can put away the cups and her plastic plates and bowls. She loves to help and we almost always sing the happy song. The words go like this,
" When we're helping we're happy and we sing as we go, for we love to help ________ for we all love them so.(insert mom daddy Jesus etc) tra la la la la la la la, tra la la la la la, tra la la la la la la, tra la la la la la." She then will always say more sing. So we sing again with someones else's name.

9 comments:

Stephanie Grimwood said...

That is so cute you are never too young to do chores. I hate to be rude but enjoy while she is young Jason has recently decided that he does not like chores. I guess he does not like special privileges either.
I want to thank you for introducing our family to the Signing Time videos. The boys really like them. We had seen her on tv in vegas but it was like at 6:00 in the morning on Saturday and my mind just does not work that well that early. But, Thanks. Steph

Katie Lewis said...

you can insert my name if you want. i mean, you know, if you want.

Cassandra said...

I'm digging her 'putting the dishes away' hair style :p

Lisa C said...

Children love to help until it becomes a required chore. And I think the keyword is "help." It's so much fun to do it together. Arora is so cute. Michael loves to "help" with loading/unloading the dishwasher--he loads and unloads the same stuff over and over again! When he is a bit older I am going to show him how to put stuff away.

Kathy Haynie said...

Good! We will let her help at Grandma's house, too!

Gurr Family said...

Oh I love that. I need to do that with Carson. That makes me really excited.

Hillary said...

Holly... Arora is just the cutest thing ever! I love the happy song. What a cutie! :)

ellie said...

You can also try the song, "clean up, Clean up everybody, everywhere. Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share"... worked for Caleb. Good job Holly.

Monson Family said...

Great idea! I think I will give Brooklyn a chore soon! You are such a great mom!